Muna Kalati is recruiting a Communication and Digital Marketing Officer for a full time contract for a period of one year. He/she will be responsible for managing and analyzing the effectiveness of the association’s presence, branding and social media platforms. The aim is to increase the visibility and recognition of Muna Kalati as an international leader in the book industry and to make the association a reference point for access to credible, comprehensive and timely information on practices and trends in the book industry. He or she will work closely with the Programs Manager in the creation and dissemination of engaging content regarding children’s books in Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Muna Kalati’s communication strategy with an approach for each targeted audience;
- Document all activities through blogs and reports (Muna Kalati Talks, Lecture Plaisir, Reading for Healing etc.) and publishing on the website;
- Curate and post timely and trending content on African children’s books and literary events using Google Alerts, RSS etc;
- Produce a biweekly newsletter and increase the MK list of contacts;
- Produce engaging visuals, infographics, video contents and other information, communicational and educational materials for social media;
- Enhance awareness and visibility of the association and its brand through media, engagement with bloggers and influencers;
- Manage, update, optimize and maintain the association’s website and all social media platforms;
- Contribute to the production and distribution of Muna Kalati quarterly magazine in collaboration with the cultural mediation program manager;
- Assist the Program Coordinator in managing and communicating with the network of Muna Kalati Content Creators and the Network of African professionals in children’s books;
- Provide feedback on the impact of communication activities using data analytics;
- Any other duties as required.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in web design, communication, digital marketing, graphic design or any other related field.
- Experience in social media and community management.
- Ability to produce visuals, infographics and video content for social media.
- Very good time management skills, proactivity and ability to work in a team with minimal supervision.
- Autonomous, versatile, good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Basic command of the French language and strong competence in English.
- Ability to comfortably maneuver social media platforms using the necessary digital collaboration tools. (Google Drive, Dropbox, WordPress, Slack etc).
- Highly organized, creative and productive.
Duration of the Contract
- 1 year (renewable if satisfactory performance)
- Full time and remote.
- Competitive Salary.
26 December 2021 at 23:59; applications (cover letter and CV) must be sent simultaneously to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Applicants are encouraged to indicate previous social media channels they have managed and if possible few visuals or URL to video content they produced.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Muna Kalati association aims to promote African children’s books and video games. It is a platform for exchange between video game and children’s book professionals and a resource and advocacy centre.
This vision is manifested through our:
- Passion – We are passionately committed to promoting the African children’s book and game industry.
- Integrity – We provide access to quality, reliable information from youth sector organizations and individuals.
- Support – We run contests to encourage writers and respond to comments and requests from subscribers.
- Diversity – We believe that children’s literature should reflect reality and nurture the imagination of all children.
Our objectives are therefore to :
- Contribute to the accessibility of books and video games in Africa.
- Increase the visibility of the actors of the youth edition and the African video game.
- Contribute to the legitimization of children’s books and video games in Africa.
The Association’s means of action include:
- The organization and participation in literary events;
- Publishing of a quaterly magazine on children and young adult literature;
- Organization of educational activities for the benefit of associations and populations.
To integrate Muna Kalati is to have the chance:
- To benefit from a real personal and professional development path.
- Enrich your skills and expand your potential (access to professional trainings, traveling opportunities via our various partners in Africa).
- To take advantage of many professional development benefits
Muna Kalati is committed to the prevention of discrimination and equal opportunities. All our positions are open to people with disabilities.